It's here! Remember the new Evergreen High School Groundbreaking Ceremony, with construction information is today, May 19, beginning at 3:15 p.m.
We are excited and look forward to celebrating this step forward and sharing information with our community.
The weather is expected to be lovely (sunny and 76 degrees). Instead of moving inside to share the design boards and construction plan, we are going to include that information toward the end of the groundbreaking ceremony on the baseball field, approximately between 3:45-4:00 p.m. The display boards will be up, and our architects and construction team will be available to answer questions until 4:30 p.m., but there will not be a second presentation after the groundbreaking ceremony. Come join us as soon as you can!
Here some other updates to the event details:
- Pre-event music will be provided by EHS student group Raza de oro!
- The event location is the baseball field below the Evergreen Pool parking lot.
- The construction fence gates will open to the public at 2:45 p.m., with the Evergreen Pool parking lot serving as the priority entrance, with a ramp and accessibility assistance with our utility vehicles.
Parking and gate access will also be available from the student and staff parking lots--for this event only. Afterward, this northeast section of campus becomes a construction site with no public access through for your safety and that of the construction crew!
- School swag t-shirts and sweatshirts (including "Rufus") will be sold by ASB students, so be prepared with cash, if desired. Prices range from $20-35.
- Some special event mementos will be provided as well, while supplies last.
- Following the speeches and photos, with 10 gold shovels taking the first scoops to commemorate the start of construction, you will have a chance to view final renderings of the design images and interior details with representatives of Bassetti Architects.
- Learn more about the phased plan for construction from our contractor Cornerstone General Contractors, Inc. and ask questions. Meet members of the design review committee.
- Interpretation will be provided in Spanish and Vietnamese.
Let us know you are planning to attend, if possible. But you are welcome, whether you fill out the form or not: