HHS is on Track to Open September 2021
Construction progress is steady despite COVID-19, thanks to diligent planning by Skanska USA and construction workers. The new school is on track for opening in September 2021.
If you like details, read on for the latest construction report!
Construction Progress Report
- Structural steel work continues, with steel in place up to the roof level in several areas. Work on steel studs for the walls has begun.
- "Topping off," or completing the last piece of the structural steel skeleton, will take place this summer.
- Footings and concrete slab work is 85% complete.
- Elevated concrete slab work is in progress and 87% complete.
- Structural steel work continues. Structural steel is in place to the roof level in several areas of building. Roof decking is now being installed.
- Installation of concrete masonry unit (CMU) blocks for the auxiliary gym and the main gym is 100% complete.
- CMU blocks installation for the physical education area is approximately 99% complete.
- CMU blocks installation for the auditorium/theater is estimated to be 45% complete.
- Installation of mechanical equipment for heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) is estimated to be 10% complete.
- Electrical installation is estimated to be 10% complete.
- Deep utility work is around 95% complete.
- Storm water connection work on South 152nd Street is in progress.
- Water District connection is complete.
- Sewer connections, sidewalks and crosswalks are in progress and estimated to be 40% complete.
- Metal roof deck (not standing metal seam finished roofing) and roof insulation work is estimated to be 40% complete.
- Steel stud wall work has also started throughout the project and is estimated to be 20% complete.
- Work is ongoing at the Sunnydale site to install site utilities in support of the new tennis court and restroom installation. Grading and storm drain work are at 95% complete.