SBIRT Frequently Asked Questions
To ensure student safety and wellbeing, each Highline middle school participates in a mental health and substance use prevention and intervention program. The goal of the SBIRT program is to promote students’ physical, emotional and social well-being, as well as to minimize adolescent drug, alcohol, and nicotine use.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the screening and intervention program called and how does it work?
- What questions are asked during the screening?
- Who will take the screening?
- When will the screening take place?
- Is taking the screening voluntary?
- How is student identity protected?
- Who is on the student support team?
- How is the screening different from the Healthy Youth Survey?
- How are the screening results used?
- How is the screening funded?