Report a Concern
Highline Public Schools is committed to communicating and working with you and your family. We believe that most solutions come from dialogue at the school level. If you have a concern, please reach out to the school administration first. Polite and respectful collaboration can lead to understanding and resolution and make all the difference.
Tips for school collaboration:
- Set up an appointment for a call or a meeting when concerns arise.
- Follow up with the school if you don’t hear back within 24-48 hours after you contact them.
- Describe the situation as specific as possible and propose a solution.
- Share with the school how they can work with your student, creating an environment that promotes emotional well-being and a sense of belonging.
- Continue working and communicating with the school until the issue is fully addressed.
If you are encountering:
- Trouble communicating with staff
- Challenges meeting the needs of your student with an IEP
- Concerns about graduation requirements, transcripts, or transition to college
- Difficulties engaging in educational responsibilities due to your living situation
- Questions about grades, transition to middle and high school next year, services, tests, etc.
You are not alone. Teachers, counselors, and school/district staff are here to help. Most situations are easy to resolve if they are addressed promptly. To report a concern, follow the steps outlined below (1-3).