In the event of a snowstorm, windstorm, earthquake, threat to campus or other emergency event, Highline Public Schools will implement safety procedures and may change school start or dismissal times for student safety.
Here are the ways we communicate emergency information:
- Mobile app alerts and email notifications. Please download Highline's mobile app, and provide the school with your current email address.
- Automated phone calls. Please provide your school with current telephone numbers to reach you and other emergency contacts.
- Announcements on district and school websites.
- Announcements on social media. Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Announcements on TV and radio.
What to Expect
Here is a list of the type of schedule changes you can expect during weather-related events or other emergencies. Making a decision about weather-related school closures is always difficult. We take the decision-making process very seriously. Learn more about how we make decisions on changing the school schedule.
Learn more about safety procedures, such as lockdown, shelter-in-place, and evacuation, and in what types of emergencies they are used.
This Family Communication Chart illustrates what modes of communication we use during a threat to campus, depending on the situation.