Join Our Team
Highline employs top-notch professional drivers and bus monitors. We can help you acquire the proper endorsements required to drive a school bus.
We offer free training by certified instructors. If you pass the certification process and accept a job in Highline, we will compensate you for up to 80 hours of training. Our training will help you obtain a Class B Commercial Drivers License with a School Bus Authorization and S and P1 endorsements. Commercial driver training programs charge several thousands of dollars for similar programs.
- Class B Commercial Drivers License with a School Bus Authorization and S and P1 endorsements
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Minimum of five years driving experience
- Excellent driving record with no suspension or revocation of driving license within last 5 years
- Must be able to read a map, learn school locations, follow routing directions and complete paperwork
- Must be able to pass a physical agility test, D.O.T. physical, alcohol and drug tests, FBI and WSP background checks
How to Apply:
- Visit our Jobs Hub, select All Jobs and search for open jobs using the keyword bus.
- For more information, contact our driver trainer via email, or call 206-631-7541.
- Drop in at our central office and visit the human resources desk. Central office is located at 15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW, Burien, WA. Ask for an employment packet and job bulletin.
Training Sessions Include:
- Minimum 40 hours classroom work
- Minimum 20 hours behind the wheel
All department of licensing fees and clinic fees are reimbursed and/or covered by Highline.
Assistant Dispatcher, McKinney Vento billing
Assistant Dispatcher, General Education routing, IB, Challenge Program
Douglas (Theo) White
Assistant Dispatcher, McKinney Vento & General Education routing
Payroll, field trip billing