Welcome to Curriculum & Instruction
Curriculum & Instruction is responsible for programs and initiatives designed to improve instruction and student learning. The department is deeply committed to ensure student success leading to college and career readiness, including:Selection & Adoption of Instructional MaterialsThe Selection & Adoption of Instructional Materials is often referred to as Curriculum Adoption. However, our title reflects the dynamic learning taking place in our 21st century schools. There are so many more powerful, personalized ways for us to provide instructional materials for our students, and we strive to ensure that our students have access to the best possible tools for learning. Learn more by visiting the Selection & Adoption of Instructional Materials page.Additional Resources:
- Teaching the Core Video Library— More than 60 videos of Common Core instruction in real classroom settings.
- SAP's Instructional Practice Guide— Each video lesson is annotated using SAP's Instructional Practice Guide, to call out exemplary moments of Common Core teaching and includes:
- A full, bell-to-bell video lesson
- A complete set of lesson materials
- Examples of student work
- Interviews with the teacher featured in the video