Welcome to Professional Development
The Professional Development office supports schools and staff by providing staff training vital to preparing every student for college, career, and citizenship.
Value of Professional DevelopmentStudies have suggested that professional development that is sustained over time and includes a substantial number of contact hours on a single professional development focus (averaging 49 hours in one multi-study review and close to 100 in another) results in increases in student learning.
- Surveys of educators consistently reveal the top three choices for professional development
- Content of the subject taught
- Student discipline/classroom management
- Tie between: Teaching students with special needs and Use of computers in instruction
- Workshops are a valuable resource in developing effective teaching strategies. Staff may browse available courses through the PD Calendar on Collab.