New Start High School Application
Please print and complete the New Start Application. Make sure all pages are completed and signed and include all required supporting documents with the application packet. Return completed application packets to the New Start school office.In order for you to be placed on New Start's waitlist, you are required to gather and submit the following items:
- Attendance record
- Discipline record
- Immunizations record (completed and signed CIS form)
- Transcript and grade/credit summary
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) if applicable
New Start High School is an exciting, small learning community preparing students for College, Career, and Citizenship. New Start is a personalized environment that focuses on surrounding every student with caring adult staff, local service agencies, and community organizations.
New Start provides an alternative educational experience for students who have experienced challenges in the traditional system. Some of the key components of the program are:
- Six, 6- to 7-week sessions.
- Multiple entry points throughout the year.
- Independent learning contracts that allow students to earn additional credits.
- Positive behavior interventions and supports (PBIS).
- Personalized support through Advisory program.
- Graduation requirements follow the school district’s standards.
TO PROVIDE a meaningful learning experience for students while recovering or advancing in credits leading toward a high school graduation.TO PREPARE students for College, Career, and Citizenship.TO INSPIRE curiosity and a desire to continue learning throughout life for all of our students.TO PERSONALIZE by wrapping around each student with many caring adults and support services to ensure academic and social achievement for every child.
Our mission is to provide the students and families high-quality learning options in creative academic structures that are personalized and flexible to meet the needs of every child and family.