Work-Based Learning is a learning experience that connects knowledge and skills obtained in the classroom to those needed outside the classroom. The program helps students transition from school to work to lifelong learning. Work-based learning comprises a range of activities and instructional strategies designed in developing or fulfilling individual careers and educational plans.
Benefits of Work-Based Learning
Students who participate in work-based learning connected to their school programs may:
- Show improved academic achievement.
- Realize the relevance of their education and apply acquired knowledge in a meaningful way.
- Have the opportunity to explore career options.
- Increase self-confidence.
- Acquire real workplace experience and employability skills.
- Connect with an adult role model.
- Be more likely to go on to some type of educational training after high school.
This program is great for students who have a job and would like to earn credit too.
WBL connects knowledge and skills from class to the real world!