DO-IT Scholars prepares Washington State high school students with disabilities for success in college and careers. Scholars attend Summer Study sessions, held during three consecutive summers at the University of Washington campus. This allows students to experience college life and work on self advocacy skills. Throughout the school year, Scholars connect with program staff, DO-IT Mentors, and each other using email and e-lists. They also meet in-person at DO-IT events, complete individual and group projects, and receive valuable information and support for the transition to college.
APPLY BY JANUARY 30 FOR TOP PRIORITY!
Important note: Applications are accepted throughout the school year for the upcoming summers. However, priority is given to applications received by January 30th. Applications received after January 30th are considered on a space-available basis.
Eligibility: Washington State high school students with disabilities may apply. Priority is given to students in their sophomore year in high school, followed by students in their junior year
- Student Application:
- Parent/Guardian Recommendation and Consent:
- Print the Parent/Guardian Recommendation and Consent form. Give it to your parent or guardian to complete and sign. Submit to DO-IT by postal mail, fax, or email.
- High School Teacher, Administrator, or Counselor Recommendation
- Current Transcript
- Submit a copy of your current transcript to DO-IT by postal mail, fax, or email.
- Grade Report/Transcript for DO-IT Scholar Applicant form
- Print the Grade Report/Transcript for DO-IT Scholar Applicant form. Give it to your parent or guardian to complete and sign. Submit to DO-IT by postal mail, fax, or email.
Submit printed APP material to:
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-4842
206-685-DOIT (3648) (voice/TTY)
888-972-DOIT (3648) (voice/TTY)
509-328-9331 (voice/TTY) Spokane
Contact DO-IT at 888-972-DOIT (3648) (toll free voice/TTY) or at email@example.com !
Make sure you visit your College & Career Center to ask questions and get help with your application.