Have you ever wanted to go on a ride-along with a police officer? Are you interested in a career in law enforcement? Then we have the perfect internship opportunity for you! The King County Police Explorers is a training program to learn about law enforcement through mandatory bi-monthly meetings, patrol car ride-alongs, summer boot camps, community events, and so much more. You need to attend three consecutive Post meetings with the Burien Police Explorers before turning in your application. You also need to give them at least a one-year commitment, as they will provide you with a uniform. You will need to get a pair of black boots or shoes that can be shined.
JOIN AT ANY TIME!
- Where: Burien Police Station, transportation support!
- When: Every other Monday | 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Can not have a criminal record
- Between the ages of 14 and 20
- Maintain at least a 2.0 school GPA
- In good standing with school and community
- Application process:
- Attend 3 consecutive meeting
- Fingerprinting (part of background check)
- Pass an oral board hosted by 3 explorers and/or an advisor
- Pass a full background check (Download application AND bring to first meeting)
- Transportation support is available
Contact Detective Cueva for more details about attending a Burien Post meeting.
Make sure you visit your College & Career Center to ask questions and get help with your application