The House Page program, part of the Washington State Legislative Page School, is a great opportunity for those interested in learning how decisions are made in their state government through providing a helping hand during legislative sessions. Pages perform many tasks that allow House Representatives and staff to focus on legislative duties, and also spend two hours each day in a classroom setting learning the legislative process. This is a full time, one-week position that will take place in Olympia, WA during the 2019 legislative season, which runs from January through April. Pages are paid $35 for each day worked (Monday through Friday), and receive this check in the mail approximately two weeks after paging.
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS! APPLY TODAY!
- When: Work for one week during the legislative session, Monday-Friday between hours of 7:30am-5:00pm. Must attend a 2-hour orientation the Sunday before your assigned work week.
- Where: State Capitol in Olympia, WA (see details regarding host homes)
- Who: Must be at least 14 years of age and have not reached your 17th birthday.
- Application link: https://app.leg.wa.gov/pageapplication
If interested, find the full details, including commonly asked questions, on the House Page Program website.
- There is also a Transportation and Living Expenses Scholarship for your internship week as a Page! Find out more information at the Gina Bull Scholarship webpage, and on the scholarship application.
- Are you in foster care? Foster care certified host homes are available and can be arranged upon program acceptance.
Make sure you visit your College & Career Center to ask questions and get help with your application!