In fall 2017, families, community members, and staff were invited to answer open-ended questions about how can we better support student’s social and emotional wellbeing at school. During the first phase of this process, we received nearly 650 thoughts from nearly 300 people.
Two themes emerged from the online conversation:
- Support Social & Emotional Wellbeing
- Strengthen Social Skills
Your ideas will help us develop strategies to build our students' skills and knowledge. Social-emotional strategies are included in our updated strategic plan.
Visit our online interactive report to learn about the top priorities that emerged for your child’s grade level and for the district as a whole.
We thank you for contributing your thoughts and ideas. Your participation in the process was invaluable.
- Continue to focus on positive behavior
- Acknowledge and communicate with students
- Teach empathy and emotional intelligence
- Hire more support staff
- Maintain a safe learning environment
- Teach communication skills
- Provide opportunities for collaboration and teamwork
- Nurturer character development
- Practice life skills