HR Family Advisory Committee
Families and schools working as partners to ensure every student graduates prepared for the future they choose.
Families working directly with human resources to hire school leaders who meet the needs of the communities served by HPS.
For the 2018-19 school year, this committee is charged with piloting a process to:
- Provide input around the needs and priorities for Highline school communities when selecting school leaders for 2019 and beyond.
Review the pilot process and provide guidance on the development of an ongoing family advisory council for the Highline human resource department.
The pilot committee will be composed of up to six family members and community partners. To ensure the committee is representative of the diverse population of Highline Public Schools, we will consider:
- Geographic locations
- Student programs (general education, inclusive education, ELL, highly capable, alternative, homeless, Native American Ed, etc.)
- School level
- Relationship or history of partnering with HPS and communities served by HPS schools.
- Value and respect the diversity of Highline Public Schools.
- Work cooperatively and respectfully with committee members.
- Actively participate in Committee tasks.
TERM OF COMMITTEE AND LENGTH OF TERM
The Human Resources Family Advisory Committee is a pilot program. The commitment for pilot committee members is January-June 2019.
COMMITTEE SUPPORT & STRUCTURE
The Human Resources Family Advisory Committee pilot members are appointed by the Chief Talent Officer, who will also be the the district representative on the team.
The committee will meet up to four times between January and June 2019. The first meeting will be held on January 14 from 5:30 to 7:00 at the HPS Central Office, with additional meeting times and locations scheduled according to the availability of committee members. A meal, child care, and interpretation will be provided, as necessary, to facilitate the full participation of all committee members.
COMMITTEE MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMMITMENT
Committee members are expected to commit to attending all advisory committee meetings. The estimated time commitment is up to two hours per month.
Language Learning Specialist