Superintendent's Student Leadership Team
Apply today to join the Superintendent's Student Leadership Team.
Students working directly with the Superintendent, bringing the student voice to district level decision-making.
The Superintendent’s Student Leadership Team:
- Provides input on goals and strategies for the strategic plan refresh.
- Focuses on various topics including but not limited to school community, curriculum, school safety, social justice and opportunities for students.
The team represents all high school campuses (2 from comprehensive campuses and 1 from small school campuses). To ensure the team reflects the diverse population of Highline, we recruit students who represent and reflect the diversity of the district, including:
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Socio-economic status
- Student programs
Members are sophomore, junior or senior students in Highline Public Schools.
Team Member Expectations
- Value and respect the diversity of Highline Public Schools.
- Work cooperatively and respectfully with council members.
- Actively participate in council tasks.
The Superintendent’s Student Leadership Team is a standing committee. The term of membership is one academic year.
Team Support & Structure
The Superintendent’s Student Leadership Team members are selected by application and lottery. The Chief Engagement and Partnership Officer will be the Superintendent’s representative for the council. Team members will be offered training opportunities in understanding the school system, leadership, advocacy, team building and other topics.
Meetings will be held monthly in person and over Zoom.
- October 29, 9:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- November 9, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- December 14, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- January 11, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- February 8, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- March 8, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- April 12, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- May 10, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
- June 14, 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.
Team Member Responsibilities and Commitment
Team members are expected to commit to attending all meetings (exceptions will be made for urgent and unforeseen conflicts).
Applications for The Superintendent’s Student Leadership Team will be sought via public notices, community partners, school staff, and parent groups. Applications will sent out via website, social media, school newsletters, school counselors and other staff, flyers, etc.