The last day for free summer meals will be Thursday, August 27.
We will begin serving food for the school year starting Wednesday, September 9 during distance learning. There will be a cost to those who do not qualify for free and reduced meal benefits or who do not attend a Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) school. A list of CEP schools can be found on our Nutrition Services webpage.
If you are not already qualified for free and reduced meal benefits or do not attend a CEP school, we encourage you to apply for benefits on our Nutrition Services webpage.
New Fall Locations and Times
We will have new locations and times for meal service this fall. We want to make sure there is easy access to pick up meals and that students can pick up food during their break and not miss instructional time. Meal pick up will be available at certain bus stops and at elementary schools. We are finalizing a list now and will send the list along with an order form later next week.
Meal Distribution Survey Reminder - Closing August 27
Highline Public Schools Nutrition wants to make sure that all students have breakfast and lunch during distance learning, and we want to partner with you to deliver meals in the way that works best for your family.
We plan to start the year with two service models:
- Daily meals available for pickup at bus stops throughout the district
- Five-day meal kits to be picked up once a week at select locations
Do you plan to order school meals during distance learning? If so, please take a minute to answer some questions designed to help us best serve you and your student. Your feedback is invaluable to us.
- Families will need to pre-order meals during distance learning via an online system.
- Students who qualify for free and reduced price meals will receive breakfast and lunch at no cost.
- All students enrolled at Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) schools will receive breakfast and lunch at no cost (see list on our website).
- Students who do not attend CEP schools or do not qualify for free or reduced-price meals will need to pay for meals. The cost will be $5/day for breakfast and lunch or $25/week for the 5-day meal kit.
- Breakfast and lunch will be packaged together.
Please complete the survey by midnight, August 27.