Staying connected with the school and district is important, especially during this time of distance learning. Having an email address ensures you are getting important information from your child’s school and district.It also allows you to create an account through our ParentVUE mobile app to have access to your student’s grades and assignments.
Who to Contact to Update Your Information
If you already have an email address or just created one, reach out to your school office. You can email the office manager or call and leave a message with the updated information. Here is a list of schools and their contact information.
- Elementary School Information
- Middle School Information
- High School Information
- Choice School Information
How to Get an Email
If you do not have an email address, please use these instructions to create a free email account with Google.
- Open up your internet browser and go to the Google Home page: http://www.google.com
- Click on Gmail at the top right corner of the page
- From the Gmail home page click on either of the “Create an account” buttons.
- To set up your new account, Google needs some information about you – first, your first and last names. The ‘username’ field is the unique email address that you wish to use, which will be placed before ‘@gmail.com’. Because it needs to be unique, Google may have to check the availability of any name that you decide on to make sure that no one already has it. Type an email name into the ‘username’ box and then fill out the rest of your information. Then click Next.
- Enter your current phone number. If your phone number does not accept text messages (SMS), there is a call option to receive the 6-digit verification code.
- Google will send you a text message that includes a 6-digit verification code. Enter this into the ‘Enter Verification Code’ section. Do not include the G- as it’s already included for you. If your phone number does not receive text messages select the ‘Call Instead’ option at the bottom. Once the verification code has been entered click on Verify.
- You can choose to provide an alternative phone number or email address for security and account recovery purposes. Complete the birthday and gender fields then click Next.
- Review the Privacy and Terms policy by scrolling down to the bottom, then click on I agree.
- The system will then open up your new gmail account with a popup that can walk you through various features in the system. For more assistance with using and navigating your new gmail email account, please go to the G Suite Learning Center for Gmail.
Once your email information is on file, you now have the ability to activate your ParentVue account and download the mobile app Get the Activation Key from your school office by emailing the office manager.
ParentVUE lets parents and guardians view their child’s assignments, grades, message teachers and review student information. Parents and guardians will be able to see records for all their children at any Highline school with a single login.