Typical Day in a Dual Language Program
Here is a sample of what a typical schedule will look like for elementary students enrolled in Dual Language for Spanish (or Vietnamese).
- Morning meeting/Literacy instruction (Spanish) 30 minutes of live instruction
- Literacy/Science/Math (Spanish) 30-60 minutes of live instruction
- Independent Learning (Spanish) 15-60 minutes
- Music/P.E./Library (English) 15-45 minutes of live instruction
- Independent Learning (English) 15-60 minutes
- Check-in with teacher (Spanish/English) 15 minutes
- Independent Learning (Spanish/English) 0-60 minutes
For secondary students enrolled in Dual Language, students will take some courses in English and other courses in Spanish (or Vietnamese), based on the subjects offered in those languages.