Highline Homeschool Center
We are a homeschool enrichment program designed to provide enrichment classes in an academic setting that supports homeschooling families and enhance their education.
We encourage you to visit our center to:
- Learn about homeschooling in Washington state.
- Get advice from other homeschooling families.
- Observe a class including art, sewing, math, science, creative writing, history, geography, sign language and Spanish.
- Participate in educational and fun field trips.
- Get help enrolling in Running Start
We welcome and support all students and families. Our center is a safe space where all students are treated with kindness.
- The OSPI (Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction) website has helpful information about homeschooling laws and regulations, a list of homeschool organizations and information about Alternative Learning Experience programs.
- The Washington Homeschool Organization has information about state regulations, parent qualifying courses, annual conferences and more.
- Please fill out the Elementary Acceptable Use Policy Form or Secondary Acceptable Use Policy Form if your student will be using district technology while at the Homeschool Center.
- The Declaration of Intent From can be processed at Highline Central Office located at 15675 Ambaum Blvd SW, Burien or at the Choice Academy located at 18367 8th Ave S, Burien.
- Does the Homeschool Center host spelling bees and/or geography bees?
- Is the Homeschool Center an Alternative Learning Experience (ALE) or Parent Partnership Program (PPP)?
- Can I drop off my child at the Homeschool Center?
- Does my child need to be enrolled in all classes at the Homeschool Center?
- Am I required to teach my child's class at the Homeschool Center?
- If my child wishes to access the Homeschool center are they required to enroll in Highline Public Schools?
No, we are not an Alternative Learning Experience (ALE) or a Parent Partnership Program (PPP). For more information about ALE, see the link below. To learn more about ALE programs in Washington state, please visit the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction's website.