Highline Homeschool Center
We are a homeschool enrichment program designed to provide enrichment classes in an academic setting that supports homeschooling families and enhance their education.
We encourage you to visit our center to:
- Learn about homeschooling in Washington state.
- Get advice from other homeschooling families.
- Observe a class including art, sewing, math, science, creative writing, history, geography, sign language and Spanish.
- Participate in educational and fun field trips.
- Get help enrolling in Running Start
We welcome and support all students and families. Our center is a safe space where all students are treated with kindness.
As we emerge from the pandemic and return to more in-person offerings, Highline Public Schools is evaluating Homeschool Center needs in our community. As part of our homeschool community, what services or resources would you be interested in accessing? Technology? Instruction support? Space? Let us know!
Join an online conversation where you can share feedback and ideas on what you need from a Homeschool Resource Center.
ThoughtExchange is an online process where you can share comments and ideas, read the comments and ideas of others, and “like” the comments you agree with. Everyone’s comments are anonymous.
- Share—answer our open-ended question
- Star—review ideas from others, and add 1-5 stars to the ideas you like best.
- Discover—learn what is important to the community as a whole.
- The OSPI (Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction) website has helpful information about homeschooling laws and regulations, a list of homeschool organizations and information about Alternative Learning Experience programs.
- The Washington Homeschool Organization has information about state regulations, parent qualifying courses, annual conferences and more.
- Please fill out the Elementary Acceptable Use Policy Form or Secondary Acceptable Use Policy Form if your student will be using district technology while at the Homeschool Center.
- The Declaration of Intent Form can be processed at Highline Central Office located at 15675 Ambaum Blvd SW, Burien or at the Choice Academy located at 18367 8th Ave S, Burien.
- If my child wishes to access the Homeschool center are they required to enroll in Highline Public Schools?
- Does the Homeschool Center host spelling bees and/or geography bees?
- Is the Homeschool Center an Alternative Learning Experience (ALE) or Parent Partnership Program (PPP)?
- Can I drop off my child at the Homeschool Center?
- Does my child need to be enrolled in all classes at the Homeschool Center?
- Am I required to teach my child's class at the Homeschool Center?