Dear Des Moines Parents and Families,Our annual Beach Walk to Des Moines Beach Park is coming up on Friday, June 9th from 11 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. We will be studying marine life in their natural habitat and eat lunch. In order to ensure students safety and minimal impact to instructional time, we have set the following guidelines for this event:
- The Beach Walk will begin at 11:00 and will conclude at 1:00pm.
- Students in first through sixth grade will participate in the walk. Kindergarten classes will stay back and rule the school!
- Students should bring a disposable sack lunch. We will be eating at the beach around 11:15 a.m.
- The walk is rain or shine. Students should wear appropriate gear (rain boots, rain coats etc.) Please put an extra change of dry socks and shoes in the back pack.
- Students will NOT wade out in the water on this trip. Especially the living water stream.
Several volunteers are needed in order to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all participants. Permission slips are no longer required for field trips taken during the school day. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact your child’s teacher. Feel free to
- All students will learn, obey and sign the beach pledge; following these rules to ensure the preservation of our sea life in their habitat.
call me at 206-631-3700, or email at email@example.com. Notes and in-person conversations are also welcome!
Rick Wisen, Principal