The Communications Office works with not-for-profit community organizations
or programs deemed useful and constructive for the growth of students
(see Board Policy 4060
) to provide information to students and families about educational and recreational opportunities. Flyers to be distributed to students must be approved by the communications office.
Highline cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below.
Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
NOTE: If you are a parent group at one of our Highline schools, these instructions do not apply.
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Originate from a local organization whose mission and aim is to enrich the lives of children/families in our community;
- Support Highline Public Schools' mission and framework for excellence, directly benefit Highline students or be of intrinsic value to students and/or parents;
- Not directly conflict with Highline programs (Flyers for Summer programs must not directly conflict with Highline Summer Enrichment Program);
- Include the following disclaimer using exact wording on ALL materials:
In consideration for the privilege to distribute the attached materials, the Highline School District shall be held harmless from any cause of action, claim or petition filed in any court or administrative tribunal arising out of the distribution of these materials, including all costs, attorney’s fees, and judgments or awards.