Kindergarten Enrollment Begins
Do you know a child who will be five years old on or before August 31? If so, now's the time to register for kindergarten.
- PreK Play and Learn: This free program is geared for students and families who haven’t had access to preschool. It will be offered in several neighborhoods within Highline starting next month.
- School-based Events: Many of our schools offer events in the Spring to get to know incoming kindergarten students. Students and their families have a chance to visit and tour their school for next year, meet kindergarten teachers, the principal, and get information about school events.
- Kindergarten Jump Start: All incoming kindergarten students are invited to participate in Jump Start on August 21-25. The free week-long instructional program is designed to prepare students to make a successful transition into kindergarten and the K-12 system.
If your child will be five years old on or before August 31, 2017, he or she is eligible to register for the 2017-2018 school year. To enroll, please visit your neighborhood school during regular school hours beginning January 17. If you need help identifying your neighborhood school, use the WebQuery tool or please call 206-631-3003.
When you enroll, it is important to bring the following items:
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of your address (This can be a rental agreement, purchase agreement, or utility bill.)
- Your child’s immunization records
- Two emergency contacts, including addresses and phone numbers
Please contact the Early Learning Department for more details about kindergarten enrollment, PreK Play and Learn, and Kindergarten Jump Start at 206.631.3164.