Members of the committee are asked to make a commitment to the following:
- To commit to and faithfully attend regular meetings of the committee, one meeting per month from October 2015 to June 2016.
- To put the best interests of the district as a whole above self-interest or school/service area loyalties.
- To make well-reasoned decisions based on data.
- To work to build consensus among parties with competing viewpoints and interests.
- To share the progress and conclusions of the committee with the constituency the appointee represents.
Duration of the Committee
It is anticipated that the committee will meet once a month from October 2015 to June 2016, nine scheduled meetings. The committee will complete its charge upon the presentation of recommendations regarding the long range capital facilities plan and a future bond to the school board.
The first meeting of the committee was Wednesday, October 14. Subsequent meetings will be on the second Wednesday of each month through June 2016.