The Academy of Citizenship and Empowerment is an intellectually vibrant learning community in which students and adults engage in real world issues of social justice and are empowered to use their voice to contribute to society and become active citizens. Through these authentic, community-based experiences, students are developing 21st Century skills in order to be prepared for college, the careers of the future and to navigate our complex world.
*At ACE, an intellectually vibrant learning community
- Takes place in the classroom and beyond the school walls
- Is experiential, relevant, rigorous and integrated
- Students, staff and the community learn in partnership
At ACE, 21st Century Skills focus on
- Technology literate and able to adapt to new and emerging technologies
- Development of adaptive intellectual behaviors
- Information literacy, including researching and creating knowledge
At ACE, Social Justice means
- Engaging in a democratic process
- Investigating complex social, political and environmental issues from various perspectives
- Honoring all voices and speaking for those who do not have a voice*
ACE works with a variety of organizations & agencies. They are Treehouse, NAVOS, Health Point, Ruth Dykeman, Consejo, Planned Parenthood & the TOP program, College Success Foundation, Career Link, Aventa Online School, PSSC & the VITAL program, Camp Waskowitz, the Y, Project Ready @ Seattle Pacific University, AVID, and College in the High School.