Highline Physical Education
teaches students the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to be physically active for a lifetime.
How do we know that our students are prepared to be physically active for life?
We know because they can elaborate on the following statements:
- “I can correctly perform a variety of skills and movements.”
- “I can apply what I know and improve my performance.”
- “I can train myself to be fit and healthy.”
- “I can safely participate and respectfully cooperate with others in physical activity settings.”
- “I can explain the importance of being physically active and can participate in a variety of physical activities.”
Ask your child to share examples from each of the success statements!
Parents and guardians, you have the ability to be able to track the health status of your child online. Please read the letter to find out more on the district fitness and health assessments.