Students interested in attending CHOICE Academy must submit an application during the application window. If there are more applicants than seats available, selection of students will be by lottery drawing of applicants who are fully committed to the CHOICE Academy educational program, followed by a student and parent/guardian conference with CHOICE Academy administration, school staff, and students. Please carefully read the information in this page to determine if CHOICE Academy is a good fit for you. Your name will be placed in the lottery only if you commit to all requirements and submit the requested documents.
About CHOICE Academy
- CHOICE Academy provides a small, safe, learning environment, with relevant curriculum and top-notch teachers. We share a family-style school, based on relationships. CHOICE stands for Children Have Options in Choosing Education, and we work closely with our students and their families throughout the middle and high school experience.
- CHOICE is a fully-accredited, credit-bearing, and diploma-granting middle and high school. We provide a small, personalized school environment, with rigorous coursework and high expectations for all of our students. We believe the CHOICE model offers profound advantages for all of our students.
- Students may choose to stay at CHOICE throughout their middle and high school years, or may choose to take advantage of other options during their upper high school years, such as Running Start, the Puget Sound Skills Center, or transferring back to their neighborhood school.
- CHOICE offers traditional-type courses in the morning. In the afternoon there are a few traditional-type electives offered onsite, or families can take advantage of an opportunity to develop, with school staff, a specialized independent elective or physical education program off-site. Independent electives have included ideas such as musical instrument lessons, equestrian riding, dance, or theatre arts.
- CHOICE accepts students at all grade levels based on space availability. Typical entry grades are at the 7th grade for middle school, and 9th grade for high school.
So, is CHOICE Academy a fit for you?
Check out our website
for more about our school, students, and staff. You can also contact us
to learn more.
The application window is now open for secondary schools of choice including CHOICE Academy. We encourage you to learn more about our school and apply by January 31.Use our online application portal to complete and submit an application. Create an account using an email address or mobile phone number. After providing basic guardian and student information, save and/or submit your application.
If you cannot finish an application in one sitting, click "Save Progress," and resume the application at any time. For technical questions about how to submit an application, please contact support by email email@example.com or call 855-957-3535.
Space is limited at CHOICE Academy. A lottery process is used when applications exceed capacity.
If there are more applications than space at any particular grade level, the district will hold a lottery including all students with completed applications. Students not accepted in the lottery will be placed on a waitlist in the order they are chosen from the pool of remaining students. The date and location of the lottery will be publicized if families want to watch the drawing of names. If there are more seats available than there are applicants, applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Highline Public Schools, District #401, complies with all federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate in admission, access, treatment, or employment in education programs or hiring practices on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, sex sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, marital status, honorably-discharged veteran or military status, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. This holds true for all students who are interested in participating in educational programs and/or extracurricular activities.