What is in the Bond?
Thanks to voters, we will be able to: (click the links to learn more about each project)
- Install electronic locks on every classroom door.
- Upgrade the video surveillance system at every school in the district.
- Rebuild Highline High School, preserving as much of the façade as structurally and financially feasible.
- Build new school on the district-owned Zenith site to house Des Moines students, with room for growing enrollment.
- Build a new middle school on the district-owned Glacier site.
- Replenish the capital fund, which will be depleted in 2017-18. This fund covers critical needs and emergency repairs.
See a list of projects that will happen at your school thanks to the passage of the bond measure.
- Make safety improvements to the Olympic site, so it can be used to house students during the HHS construction and future school construction projects.