Teacher Named PBS LearningMedia Digital Innovator
Ewing was selected by PBS for his dedication and passion for innovative teaching practices that integrate digital media and technology in the classroom. He has developed a number of digital media and technology programs at Mount View, including:
- Curriculum for all fifth-grade students at Mount View that teaches basic computer programming and coding skills.
- Virtual science fair, which allows students to explore earth systems, design related science experiments, and present their experiments as interactive web games, videos, or PowerPoint presentations.
- An engineering project that allows students to design and build two-wheel tractors.
- Partnership with BING to provide students an opportunity to create career- and college-focused photography projects.
- The eMAGINATION LAB after-school program, which focuses on animation and computer programming.
Ewing is a National Board Certified Teacher, a 2013 Innovative Teacher of the Year recognized by the Academy of Arts and Sciences in Education, a National Education Association (NEA) Fellow, and an NEA Master Teacher with Better Lessons. Microsoft inducted Ewing into its Expert Educator Program last year.